Category Archives: random
In the week or so since I finished Ironman Lake Placid, I have been in a bit of a happy fog. Since I can’t seem to form a complete thought, here is some random stuff!
Random Thing #1
But enough about me, lets talk a little more about her day at IMLP.
Because it was simply. Amazing.
Ange finished in 10:19:21
- 1st in her Age Group
- 2nd Overall Woman amateur
- 7th overall woman (pros and amateurs combined)
- 83rd overall (she beat 5 pro men!)
It was so awesome to finally meet Jen after following her blog for so long. Talk about positive, energetic and just plain ole FUN to be around!! I wish we lived closer I think we are a pretty good match! Hopefully we can get some training rides together either this fall or next spring.
Random Thing #3
John and I are getting a puppy!
It is kind of a big thing for me. I miss Bailey so much every day (I always will), and some days I think I am not ready, other times I think I am. We decided it was time, but still I struggle with starting over and letting this new boy into my heart.
This little dude is going to be awesome in his very own way.
Adena knows all of this, and gave me the coolest pre-race present EVER. She gave me a gift certificate for a Scout ID!! I was so excited because I was definitely going to get one for the new guy. Adena, thank you so so much!
AND. I have a gift code here to share with you all – it can be used for $1 off any Road ID product (this can be used up to 20 times, once per customer).
The code is: ThanksAmanda8171932
Oh yeah. The pup. It is one of these (I know which one, but I am not telling. HINT – he has a nubby tail):
Check out the new Road ID I won from Molly (I’m a Sleeper Baker)! Thank you Molly! I am stoked to have a new one, my old one was getting kind of scanky. I am always training alone so this is nice insurance.
How cool is it that I used scanky in a sentence?
I really love my summer pool. It is 3 miles from my house instead of 90 minutes one way. It is really cool to swim more than once a week.
The pond is super clear, it has a kind of green hue to it. The dark green is where I think the monsters are.
My peas are ready to eat!
These guys are living behind my neighbors house. He got this photo with a motion camera he has set up behind his house, and I thought it was pretty awesome.
24 more day (EEEEK) until this…
- I normally do a weekend update on Sundays. I wasn’t really feeling it yesterday. I was in the sort of mood that either means I am just about to eat a pint of ice cream, take off into the woods for a few hours, or hole up in my room and read and write.
- The woods won out, they usually do.
- I think my feelings on Sunday were very much a result of going to the celebration of life for my very good friend, co-worker, and school mate, Hugh. I will miss you so so much my friend, you left us much too early.
- I am not doing Muttley Monday today.
- This year the black flies really suck, this is the worst they have been in years, the things are voracious. You almost get carried away walking to your truck. I think I gave about a pint of blood a day last week to the stupid things.
- I got to meet Bob and his awesome family this weekend. John and I went up to see them where they were staying on Friday, I saw him and his sons yesterday, and they are rafting today. Great folks, and it is nice to talk to someone about triathlon here who doesn’t look at me as if I am insane.
- He hates the blackflies as much as I do.
- I am able to swim in the lakes near my house now, the water temps have come up to the high 50’s – so it is good to go! No more pool time for me. I am very stoked about that.
- This coming weekend I am going to Lake Placid to go to the Fireman Ironman training camp. I am super psyched to hang out with a few friends and a bunch of folks who are going to be doing Ironman Lake Placid (40 days away)! The plan is to swim, bike, and run the course over the weekend, I plan to be completely whooped by the time I come home Sunday night. I can’t wait!
- IMMT – its happening!! If I can navigate the Active.com labyrinth, I am all in.